My name is Peter Greathouse. I decided to run for the senate seat in district 28, because I feel that we need a strong voice from this part of the state fighting for the people of the district. I also felt we need somebody who understands the rural issues and can work with other senators to make sure they are addressed wisely in the state legislature.
- Tell us your name, and why you decided to run for this position.
- Please talk about a few bills from the past 5 years that you were glad passed or did not pass.
- Please tell us about a few of the bills from the past five years that you wish had had a different outcome (i.e., if they did not pass you wish they had because... or if they did pass, why you wouldn't have voted for them, or would not now vote for them).
- What are the major things that you would like to accomplish if you are elected?
Get rules adopted by the legislature that would require the complete text of all bills to be posted online for at least 72 hours before action is taken on the bills (committee hearings, etc).
Make sure that the water in the district is protected for the use of future generations in the district.
- How will you know when you have completed your work in the Senate?
- What is one trait you have that will make you especially effective if you are selected?
- What committees would you like to be on as a Senator?
Government Operations and Political Subdivisions committee
Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment
Transportation and Public Utilities and Technology
Water Issues Task Force